Answer: This is another "It Depends!" answer because State agencies have different criteria to define Alaska residency. The following are the most frequently requested.
- For questions about Alaska Student Loans residency requirements, contact AlaskAdvantage Programs. You can find contact information at http://alaskadvantage.state.ak.us/forms/contact.aspx
- Residency requirements for the Alaska Permanent Fund are located on the Basic Eligibility Requirements for the Alaska Permanent Fund page at:http://www.pfd.state.ak.us/eligibility/
- Voting eligibility requirement in Alaska can be found on the Division of Elections Voter Registration page at: http://www.elections.alaska.gov/vi_vr_who_can.php
- Hunting and fishing license residency requirements can be found on the Alaska Fish and Game page at: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=license.main#1
- Residency requirements to take part in Alaska State Land Offerings can be found on the State Lands page at: http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/landsale/sale_faq.cfm#a5